TitanTrader Signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sloozefx View Post
    That was a big hit.... why did you let it run so long?
    Hello,

This is not a big hit dear. We have 10% Max loss in one day and worst case DD is 15% like I have decribed a couple of times..

Please people do your homework and analyze the strategy&risks before investing your hard earned money!

/Sam
    Last edited by TitanTrader; 05-17-2016, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• this is good question,
      usually you are not letting trade to hit TP/SL. Sometimes you are - on EU pairs.
      To be honest, I don't get why you let the both trades go against you.

Can you please let us know

thx,
      Ace

Comment

• Hello dear followers,

We hit SL on GBPUSD pair today. Losses is a part of The long term success and it's unavoidable in forex and other investments forms. We didn't get any corrections at all before hitting the SL and we didn't get any exit signal as well.

What is your acceptable max loss in one Day? What is your acceptable worst case scenario(max DD)?

For me is 10% max loss in one Day and 15% worst case (max DD)!

Please adjust your risk to your risk tolerance.

Regards,

Sam

Comment

• Hi Sam, what would happen if you hit your max DD? Will you stop trading if you take -15% loss and check your system and adapt it to market conditions or just close trades and continue trading next day as normal?

Comment

• Originally posted by oportunis View Post
            Hi Sam, what would happen if you hit your max DD? Will you stop trading if you take -15% loss and check your system and adapt it to market conditions or just close trades and continue trading next day as normal?
            Hi,

good quastion here. If I hit 15% max DD I will reevulate my strategy and make some readjustments, I already have done that before with my strategy and will adapt my strategy to todays market.. I always analyze my trades from time to time and see if my strategy fits todays market or not (Adapting). I know how to fish sort of speaking =).

I have a new strategy cooming out soon as well.. Me and my partner have worked together to develop a new system and it will come out in a couple of months in his name tough =)

Yours,

Sam

Comment

• Hi Sam

This strategy JFD account is different, what are the difference and if possible to follow?

Comment

• Hi Sam, I have question regarding the logic of closing the trades? Sometime you leave it to hit SL/TP sometime you close it earlier.

If we take today's example on GBPAUD, you closed a trade when it started reversing. It almost touched SL, but when looking at chart I see that your SL was placed in strong resistance area, so chances that it will bounce from that are bigger than usual. What is the logic behind closure of trades? If you wanted to exit when it starts to retrace you had better chance earlier at 1.9775 area, when it was reversing the firs time and price was about 70 pips lower.

Also when we have profitable trade on EURUSD and it almost touches TP, but than it starts reversing you leave it to hit SL. Wouldn't it be better if we are so close to TP to just close them or at least to move SL to break even?

Comment

• Comment

Hi Sam, I have question regarding the logic of closing the trades? Sometime you leave it to hit SL/TP sometime you close it earlier.

If we take today's example on GBPAUD, you closed a trade when it started reversing. It almost touched SL, but when looking at chart I see that your SL was placed in strong resistance area, so chances that it will bounce from that are bigger than usual. What is the logic behind closure of trades? If you wanted to exit when it starts to retrace you had better chance earlier at 1.9775 area, when it was reversing the firs time and price was about 70 pips lower.

Also when we have profitable trade on EURUSD and it almost touches TP, but than it starts reversing you leave it to hit SL. Wouldn't it be better if we are so close to TP to just close them or at least to move SL to break even?
                    Hello,

Yes indeed we had good chance to close earlier but my indicators said hold on a little bit longer and The price will go with u.. but it didnt.. when the price jumped against me even more I was looking for an exit opportunity "a reversal" I closed -90 pips. I use two indicators to decide if I should close or not.

We have loosing streak now with the GBP pairs is because of The fundemental aspect (GBP vote in June). I know we will have more volatility in the cooming weeks with the GBP pairs.. for me its all about controling the risk once again and accepting my DD and protect our money (thats why I have SL and TP).

I think you should decide If you want to paus the GBP pairs and proceed trading this pairs after the GBP vote in June or not. I will trade this pairs though and see in the cooming weeks and see If we hit SL a couple of times I will pause it as well.

I hope you control your emotions and adjust your risks in the cooming weeks/ months (It will be alot of volatility soon)

Cheers
                    Sam

Comment

• Hi Sam, thank you for reply. I will leave all pairs, I know the risk. This past 2 months have been low on profit, but I hope this will end soon and we continue to make about 10% monthly average

What about EURUSD? A few times it touched TP, but than it reversed and ended hitting the SL. Wouldn't it be better if you see that the price almost hit TP target to close them manually or at least move SL to break even, that way we don't lose anything. Let's say if TP is 60 pips, and price goes 30 pips in profit, you could move SL to break even. That way you limit the risk if trades reverse back.

Comment

Hi Sam, thank you for reply. I will leave all pairs, I know the risk. This past 2 months have been low on profit, but I hope this will end soon and we continue to make about 10% monthly average

What about EURUSD? A few times it touched TP, but than it reversed and ended hitting the SL. Wouldn't it be better if you see that the price almost hit TP target to close them manually or at least move SL to break even, that way we don't lose anything. Let's say if TP is 60 pips, and price goes 30 pips in profit, you could move SL to break even. That way you limit the risk if trades reverse back.
                        About the EURUSD: I have tested before Breakeven strategy with this pair but the result is not so good.. We have a perfect example when we gained alot in march, we had the trades all profit and then it was against us for a day and then it hit our TP instead..

I will stick to my trading plan at all time and we will se new highs soon, we are not in a rush =)

Regards,

Sam

Comment

• Thank you Sam for your reply. I agree fully to follow a plan. There are ups and downs, we need to endure bad times and profits will be there.

Comment

• Hello Sam, because in the past, when he had more time, I did the optimizations of EA that I used, I would like to know how often you doing optimizations on your automated systems to adapt to market changes

Comment

• Originally posted by gbguimaraes View Post
                              Hi Sam

Hello,

This strategy JFD account is different, what are the difference and if possible to follow?
                              Originally posted by laracroft View Post
                              Hello Sam, because in the past, when he had more time, I did the optimizations of EA that I used, I would like to know how often you doing optimizations on your automated systems to adapt to market changes
                              Last edited by TitanTrader; 05-18-2016, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• MIssed GBPAUD trade

Comment

Working...
                                X