No announcement yet.

TitanTrader Signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, same here, just checked, system seems to be connected?

Comment

• Same here, but I see trade went instantly in profit and was open only 1 min. So this is normal. We got slipped and since it was out of reach we didn't get that trade.

Comment

• Hello Sam.

You are doing a fantastic work over here, not many traders can show such results, now for over a year, and with the sound approach (SL on every trade, no-grid, some good trading ideas, etc). ​I have some questions concerning your volatility-based EA on EURUSD currency pair. I've seen a number of different EAs based on the same idea with different approaches, you may have also seen some or all of them. Some of them were even with the source codes, and I've seen these EAs working on real accounts for years, so I know something about long-term stability of this trading approach. I have these important questions based on this knowledge:

1. Have you tested your EURUSD EA on 2000-s history data? I've seen backtests from 2011, but I've also seen some EAs which were tuned only for 4-5-year history, and it's rare when they show steady risk-reward characteristics for more than 2 years in a row. Some of the most experienced traders I know strongly recommend to make backtests on all of the available history, and it makes sense, as such backtests (when done properly) can show the ability of the trading system to withstand changes of market's characteristics.

2. In the tests shown on the first page the expectancy of the trade (on EURUSD) lies within 5-6 pips range, and on real trading we see much bigger expectancy (around 14-15 pips, which is of course a very good thing). Have you made some changes to the algo to achieve this, or is it just the market state in the last year, that allowed you to do that?

3. I've seen the note that you are sometimes using the manual intervention to improve the results. But you already have at least 7 accounts under management (and maybe even more which are not shown on myfxbook). How are you able to manually intervene on all of them? Is it just a "1 main account+signal copiers on each other" scheme, or are you using some kind of batch processing tool for this?

4. If it is not a secret, what optimization criteria are you using? It's very tricky question, especially in MT. And what is your approach to testing: are you using backtests+forward tests, or is it some other testing/optimization scheme?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
        Antony
        Last edited by AntX; 05-27-2016, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Looking good,

Im keeping and eye on you.
          Im thinking of switching my ea signals to a more supervised way of trading and you reached my 1 year history check so there is a big chance I will be adding Titan at a very low risk(for the moment) to my portfolio.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntX View Post
            Hello Sam.

You are doing a fantastic work over here, not many traders can show such results, now for over a year, and with the sound approach (SL on every trade, no-grid, some good trading ideas, etc). ​I have some questions concerning your volatility-based EA on EURUSD currency pair. I've seen a number of different EAs based on the same idea with different approaches, you may have also seen some or all of them. Some of them were even with the source codes, and I've seen these EAs working on real accounts for years, so I know something about long-term stability of this trading approach. I have these important questions based on this knowledge:

1. Have you tested your EURUSD EA on 2000-s history data? I've seen backtests from 2011, but I've also seen some EAs which were tuned only for 4-5-year history, and it's rare when they show steady risk-reward characteristics for more than 2 years in a row. Some of the most experienced traders I know strongly recommend to make backtests on all of the available history, and it makes sense, as such backtests (when done properly) can show the ability of the trading system to withstand changes of market's characteristics.

2. In the tests shown on the first page the expectancy of the trade (on EURUSD) lies within 5-6 pips range, and on real trading we see much bigger expectancy (around 14-15 pips, which is of course a very good thing). Have you made some changes to the algo to achieve this, or is it just the market state in the last year, that allowed you to do that?

3. I've seen the note that you are sometimes using the manual intervention to improve the results. But you already have at least 7 accounts under management (and maybe even more which are not shown on myfxbook). How are you able to manually intervene on all of them? Is it just a "1 main account+signal copiers on each other" scheme, or are you using some kind of batch processing tool for this?

4. If it is not a secret, what optimization criteria are you using? It's very tricky question, especially in MT. And what is your approach to testing: are you using backtests+forward tests, or is it some other testing/optimization scheme?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
            Antony
            Hello Antony,

Thank you for your kind words and for your quastions.

I have also seen alot of breakout EAs both good and bad one. I have looked at many source codes in my time and tried to understand the Principles of the good ones.

Quastion:

Answer:

I have tested this for 2000's data as well with good results as well. About the difference between the backtests and live; its all about the market volatility and fundementals in play. We have more uncertain times today than 2011 - 2014 (ISIS middle east, Donald trump US, Uk vote, Greece dept etc etc) and The result is more volatility in the market equal to more gain for us.

Quastion:

Answer:

Like the answer above plus I do manually intervene sometimes If I dont like the setup I dont open trades and manually close positions sometimes.

Quastion:

Answer:

I manually intervene the master account and use copier to help me manage other accounts as well when trading the EURUSD.

Quastion:

Answer:

That is the secret my friend 😊 I can say something for sure and that is ; If you dont have good results in backtests, you wont get any good result live in long-term!

I hope my answers where good enough dear Antony.

Best regards,

Sam

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanTrader View Post

Hello,

I have been managing family accounts in the last years and thats why I dont show that.. I have 5-6 months from dec 2014 as well with axitrader PM me if u are interested to see that

Cheers

Sorry to bring up this old post but could you pm me the history also ? Thanks

Comment

• System looks good, but the slippage/missed trades are killing me..
                I am running titan on 0,5x risk setting, and my result for May is -2%. My broker is global prime.

Can any follower can share his/her results for May?

Comment

• I have slightly worse results than master, but that is due to 3 pip slippage I get. Although lately it's reduced to about 1-2 pips. We won't get any better results, because his broker has the best price and tight spread. So overall we will get about few percentage lower than master, but still close. I just hope we get another month with +10% profit, lately the performace has been lower than expected.

Comment

• Guest question for you. What is minimum offset between close and open price when you enter "gap" trade? Is this value fixed or vary from pair to pair?

Comment

• I subscribed on Sunday and already a loss from 1% on 0.50x. But anyway I'm here for the long run.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

• Originally posted by smejko View Post
                        Guest question for you. What is minimum offset between close and open price when you enter "gap" trade? Is this value fixed or vary from pair to pair?

Hello,

It differ from pair to pair. When trading gaps, I look at both at the indicator signals and gap x pips.. We have had big gaps before without placing any trades because of the signal condition.

Originally posted by Tripzor View Post
                        I subscribed on Sunday and already a loss from 1% on 0.50x. But anyway I'm here for the long run.

Keep up the good work.

Yeah it looks like we will have a loosing month this month. We have had three big hits when trading asian session (GBPAUD, GBPUSD, EURJPY).

Thank you for your discipline and trust,

Cheers

Sam
                        Last edited by TitanTrader; 05-30-2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Thank you for information Sam. Losses are part of this business, keep up the good work in next months.

Comment

• Hi all,

Qoute: "All good things come to he who waits"

/Sam

Comment

• ICMarkets GBPUSD slippage 8pips

Comment

• Originally posted by smejko View Post
                                ICMarkets GBPUSD slippage 8pips
                                Sorry to hear, dont u use max slippage?

Anyone else experencied large slippage?

Comment