JoePro Hedge Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hansen View Post
    Josip, I have been thinking about a scenario where we might get caught in a sequence with missing trades; what if there is a large gap after a weekend, exceeding your pending orders - as far as I can understand, we would get the orders but in this worst case scenario, the hedge sequence won't guarantee break-even at worst. Have you considered this scenario ?
    Yes, actually every time the distance is set between the hedge trades, it is set with this exact scenario in mind. I think I explained it in 1 of the videos, but basically the hedge sequence has enough room that we can handle 150-200pip gap. This is also why we made money during the crash even thou slippage was 150 pips and spread was over 100 pips. This was actually one of the first things we were worried about and one of the first defense functions we thought of

I love that you guys think about these things and point them out to me because it will 1) help you guys understand better 2) maybe we will discover something to improve the strategy together

Hope that helps.

Comment

• What's up Pro Nation?!?! I was about to record a new video to update you about the current open hedge sequences but the only thing that has changed since is that GA has switched direction to the up side so now we need it to reach around 1.66700 to close at breakeven. So instead of doing the video tonight, I am going to do it tomorrow after I get the new sound recorder. Should be in the mail tomorrow morning and than that evening I will upload a vid.

I ll see you guys tomorrow.

Comment

• Good afternoon
        is it a good time to join?

Comment

• Originally posted by davidkalugin View Post
          Good afternoon
          Yeah actually this would be excellent for you especially if from this point on all hedge sequences balance out right away without opening more trades. At 1:1 you would make around 3%.

Please go to https://www.simpletrader.net/signal/...-Strategy.html read the FAQ it will help you understand some of the important settings when you set the risk etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidkalugin View Post
            Good afternoon
            You can also go to my web site here and read the FAQ http://www.4xcp.com/faq/

Comment

• What's up guys, here is the video update for the current open positions: https://youtu.be/mN2t4qCkS4M

Now we just need price to continue going up on all 3 pairs

Comment

• Hi Josip, thanks for the update - was hoping you would do one soon, it's the first time I've been exposed to a large hedge sequence !

Simple question really, when you explain the system you talk about each hedge being 1/5. So if I take EURJPY as an example - which is perfectly hedged now - 1.6 lots SELL and 1.6 lots BUY. How many 1/5 is that ?

My maths is terrible, but I'm thinking that on EURJPY we are at Maximum Hedge(tm) ? or we might have another buy/sell to go ?

Comment

• Originally posted by gpfwestie View Post
                  Hi Josip, thanks for the update - was hoping you would do one soon, it's the first time I've been exposed to a large hedge sequence !

Simple question really, when you explain the system you talk about each hedge being 1/5. So if I take EURJPY as an example - which is perfectly hedged now - 1.6 lots SELL and 1.6 lots BUY. How many 1/5 is that ?

My maths is terrible, but I'm thinking that on EURJPY we are at Maximum Hedge(tm) ? or we might have another buy/sell to go ?
                  I'm not Josip, but to me it looks like it looks like we are 4/5ths Buys and 4/5ths Sells.

Comment

• Originally posted by kmf View Post

I'm not Josip, but to me it looks like it looks like we are 4/5ths Buys and 4/5ths Sells.
                    Thanks kmf, I think I got it. Fibonacci sequence, so one more pair of hedges at 1.2 lots each way, and we are at the 5/5. Sounds good, I like it.

Comment

Thanks kmf, I think I got it. Fibonacci sequence, so one more pair of hedges at 1.2 lots each way, and we are at the 5/5. Sounds good, I like it.
                      Hi, I have actually scheduled for tomorrow to explain exactly in detail about how the hedge sequences work and what I call 5/5ths etc. etc.

With tomorrows vid. you will understand the full setup and how it works in detail. I will make sure to record it during the day so it should be posted before tomorrows trading session ends.

Comment

Here is a quick list of the video topics that I will start talking about starting tomorrow: https://gyazo.com/cfe5bfcfaef2fe4a0c4fecd248e42317

Comment

• Hi Joe,

looking at your myfxbook it seems that you traded only EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPAUD, GBPJPY and XAUUSD.

just one trade on XAUUSD and EURUSD only in the past with no trades in 2017

Could you please confirm that you will continue to trade only EURJPY, GBPAUD and GBPJPY or new pairs are going to arrive?

Comment

• Originally posted by BMM View Post
                            Hi Joe,

looking at your myfxbook it seems that you traded only EURJPY, EURUSD, GBPAUD, GBPJPY and XAUUSD.

just one trade on XAUUSD and EURUSD only in the past with no trades in 2017

Could you please confirm that you will continue to trade only EURJPY, GBPAUD and GBPJPY or new pairs are going to arrive?
                            The pairs traded are GJ GA and EJ. At the moment I am testing a Gold Strategy with hedging and in the future we plan on adding Gold & possibly SP500. Before any new pairs are added I will make announcements many times so you should never miss this information.

Comment

• Comment

• What's up guys, here is the weekend update video. https://youtu.be/mHeHrIPebho

I have been very busy the past few days and it's 2 AM right now & I had to make the vid update now other wise I wouldn't have had time to make it this weekend at all. It's just a real quick update nothing special or major. Still working on the videos, now I finally have all the equipment I need to complete the projects.

Wish you all a great weekend and look forward to next weeks trading.

Comment

Working...
                                X