• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherif
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick View Post
    Hi Arthur,

Thanks for looking into SteadyCapture.

The calculation to work out if it's worth following on your $2k account is fairly straight forward.

Signal cost = $79
    Your desired profit = $160
    Total = $239

Your target is 239/2000 = 11.95% per month

So you can see that SteadyCapture would have to absolutely knock it out of the park for you to make that kind of return and it's certainly not going to happen consistently, alternatively you'd need to turn up risk considerably (not recommended).

As Jay mentioned, we're not able to offer specific advice, however this should give you enough information to do some due diligence on your end.
    Nick .. i guess he meant what account value would make him make this profit safely with low dd .. as far as i understood his post .. he is not limiting himself to 2 k .. i might be wrong thow

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick View Post
    Hi Arthur,

The calculation to work out if it's worth following on your $2k account is fairly straight forward.

Signal cost = $79
    Total = $239

So you can see that SteadyCapture would have to absolutely knock it out of the park for you to make that kind of return and it's certainly not going to happen consistently, alternatively you'd need to turn up risk considerably (not recommended).

As Jay mentioned, we're not able to offer specific advice, however this should give you enough information to do some due diligence on your end.
    Nick he wants to make $160 per month not $239. So he needs about 8% a month. As he'll use half profits to pay the sub.

Hence my reasoning for $4000 @ 1.4 risk = 1.4x2.85%.$4000

Otherwise he gotta go 2.8x risk on $2000.

Past results don't guarantee future profits blah blah blah

Sent from Uranus

Leave a comment:

• Nick
    replied
    Originally posted by Artrader View Post
    Dear Steady Capture,

I have read on your trading and consider try on an account. I noted that the account size is USD2,000. I like the low DD, and I read about the learning Nick's journey into 300k$. I would like to support that he helps me understand the risk management is the most important part of the training.

Assuming I would like to make a monthly profit of USD160, in which half of it will be used to pay off the monthly subscription. What will be account size be ?
    Thank you.

Sincerely Yours,
    Arthur
    Hi Arthur,

Signal cost = $79
    Total = $239

Leave a comment:

• SteadyCapture
    replied
    Hello Arthur and Welcome!

I am unable to offer specific financial advice to signal followers but will try to comment on helpful guidelines or principles.

Signal followers are deemed to be responsible for and the Manager of their own accounts who use ForexSignals.com's software service as a trading tool much in the same way as people who purchase software based trading robots. I do actively manage the 'SteadyCapture Live' account but strictly speaking do not have power of attorney over any signal follower accounts and as such there is no framework for me to offer specific financial advice.

One general principle would be to look at past averages with a focus on the most recent trailing 12 months. I mention this because market conditions can change drastically from years in the past.

Another helpful principle is to view things from an overall risk management point of view instead of targeting potential returns. Staying within your comfort zone for risk with an understanding of how much draw down you can comfortably tolerate and of how much of your portfolio you can comfortably allocate to Forex can be very helpful in the long run. Getting advice from an independent Financial adviser may also help in this regard.

---------
    Also, please be aware that some forex brokers may have reduced leverage on some currency pairs for this week. Especially for those operating at elevated risk settings or running multiple signals please check if you are affected and make any appropriate adjustments to your settings if necessary.

Cheers, SC
    Last edited by SteadyCapture; 06-28-2015, 11:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Artrader View Post
    Dear Steady Capture,

I have read on your trading and consider try on an account. I noted that the account size is USD2,000. I like the low DD, and I read about the learning Nick's journey into 300k$. I would like to support that he helps me understand the risk management is the most important part of the training.

Assuming I would like to make a monthly profit of USD160, in which half of it will be used to pay off the monthly subscription. What will be account size be ?
    Thank you.

Sincerely Yours,
    Arthur
    $4000 running at 1.4x risk. Boom.

Leave a comment:

• Big River Man
    replied
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Leave a comment:

• Artrader
    replied
    Dear Steady Capture,

Thank you.

Sincerely Yours,
    Arthur

Leave a comment:

• yabanda
    replied
    I agree , no offence SC.

Leave a comment:

• SteadyCapture
    replied
    Arkoon,

I'll let Nick answer that one as I don't know exactly how his systems are configured.

- SC

Leave a comment:

• arkoon
    replied
    SteadyCapture,
    Thanks for your answer,
    A last question. What is the min. account size to trade your signal?
    thanks.

Leave a comment:

• SteadyCapture
    replied
    Arkoon,

3. I nibbled into CHF trading recently and didn't like it's behavior so I don't intend to trade it until I see marked improvements.

6. That maximum was specific to their proprietary platform. New max is 44, commonly 5-14.

7. Lot sizing will now often be different for each trade.

Ace,

The top end range for entry on a single trade is 10-12x Equity for short term scalping.

Peeper,

My AUM in the last few years has bounced around between $3-10M largely dependent upon the fates of trading networks outside my control. One in particular abruptly went out of business. I feel the move to ForexSignals.com is a well timed way to align AUM more closely with my own trading.

More detailed information will continue to be released.

A few have commented on trade examples from this week but it will take some time to get a good feel for how I trade in varying market conditions. I wouldn't call this week typical, the market is very nervous right now about potential Greek fallout and I know some other professional traders who took this week off. I prefer to tread lightly this week and see what opportunities are created after any announcements are made.

Leave a comment:

• Waleed121
    replied
    Originally posted by peeper View Post
    I understood that email as saying his goal was to have 100M aum..
    You could be correct, I may have misunderstood that phrase used in the email...

Leave a comment:

• peeper
    replied
    I understood that email as saying his goal was to have 100M aum..

Leave a comment:

• Waleed121
    replied
    Originally posted by peeper View Post
    Welcome, SteadyCapture. You certainly have an interesting profile and I'm excited to see you here.

I'm just curious, unless I've misunderstood the first post, it doesn't seem like anybody has mentioned how much capital you have under management at the moment. Would you mind saying?

I guess another way to ask this question would be, during those 10 years of trading experience, have you worked with other clients than those on ZuluTrade and could you give us a little more info about your background?

Thanks.
    He may want to confirm but he has around $100mil under his management I believe. This was sent out in the email.

Leave a comment:

• peeper
    replied
    Originally posted by yabanda View Post
    So far this week this signal made more money for my broker rather then my account.
    C'mon.. The guy just started! How many trades have you gotten on your account that any comment on his trading would be not only sensible, but informative, let alone constructive...
    I you want to say anything, could you please at least refer to his Zulutrade account?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X