My Journey Building a $1,000,000 Forex Portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
    Hey guys, just letting you know that I've dropped my risk down on this big account a fair bit today.

I've been making a killing, up roughly $50k so far this month, but the volatility has been hard to take. I've barely slept this past week and last night at 5am, local time, we had FOMC and me with about 40 lots long going into it.

Time for a breather and to just take a moment to enjoy the fact I've turned this account from $94k into $202k inside 6 months.
    well your very strong nick i wouldn't sleep that easy either.... anyway good work with the account it really an inspiration to do things better here.

Comment

• Hi Nick,

Who do you copy on this account? And what risk settings do you use?

Отправлено с моего Nexus 5 через Tapatalk

Comment

• The journey continues!

I made $38,000 in cold hard cash this month. Albeit with a minor heart attack during the month as I headed into FOMC 50 lots long on EURUSD.

This was filmed 2 days ago before the recent Smart2 drawdown.
        Click here to check out the most popular forex channel on YouTube

Comment

The journey continues!

I made $38,000 in cold hard cash this month. Albeit with a minor heart attack during the month as I headed into FOMC 50 lots long on EURUSD.

This was filmed 2 days ago before the recent Smart2 drawdown.
          Nick Im looking forward to this new account / dont let us wait too long. You seem happier after that 50 lots was over. I placed 50 lots on a demo for fun and noticed how it fluctuated my emotions haha

Comment

• What is plan with this algo trader mentioned in video?

Comment

• Nick,
              35 lots NU is not sustainable, sooner or later you will loose it all, so you will not go to 1M.

Comment

• Originally posted by smejko View Post
                What is plan with this algo trader mentioned in video?
                The algo trader is us, we've developed it in-house over the past 6 months.

It requires very tight execution costs, so we'll only be making it available through a managed account structure where we can execute trades directly and negotiate heavily on the spread/brokerage to ensure it's as profitable as possible.

Personally I'm investing heavily into it due to the way it manages risk. It's virtually impossible to hit a large, sudden drawdown. I'll explain it in more detail during my next update

Comment

• Originally posted by fxwar View Post
                  Nick,
                  35 lots NU is not sustainable, sooner or later you will loose it all, so you will not go to 1M.
                  Please keep in mind that it's on a $200k+ account, but I do agree that it's still a little too aggressive.

Comment

The algo trader is us, we've developed it in-house over the past 6 months.

It requires very tight execution costs, so we'll only be making it available through a managed account structure where we can execute trades directly and negotiate heavily on the spread/brokerage to ensure it's as profitable as possible.

Personally I'm investing heavily into it due to the way it manages risk. It's virtually impossible to hit a large, sudden drawdown. I'll explain it in more detail during my next update
                    If you've been testing it - do you have a sample account to show us rather than wait for the managed account to be active?
                    Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Waleed121 View Post
                      If you've been testing it - do you have a sample account to show us rather than wait for the managed account to be active?
                      Thanks
                      Yes, I do

I'll show you guys during next months update.

Comment

• And you think we are the type of audience that can wait months for something that interesting
                        Have mercy and show us something now please

Edit: or maybe you meant next month update not "months" ?
                        Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nick,
                          Is there going to be a page on the Forum for your new Fusion service? Or maybe there is one and I can't find it?
                          I signed up at the end of last month in addition to my Viper account which has been going for 9 months or so.
                          Many thanks

Comment

• Feck of promotional Paek

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by StevenR View Post
                              Nick,
                              Is there going to be a page on the Forum for your new Fusion service? Or maybe there is one and I can't find it?
                              I signed up at the end of last month in addition to my Viper account which has been going for 9 months or so.
                              Many thanks
                              Sorry for the delay Steven, I only just picked up this message.

Yes, we'll create a more dedicated Fusion thread. The forum is actually be upgraded over the weekend, so that's probably an opportune time to do it.

Comment

Sorry for the delay Steven, I only just picked up this message.

Yes, we'll create a more dedicated Fusion thread. The forum is actually be upgraded over the weekend, so that's probably an opportune time to do it.
                                An upgrade?? Cool can't wait mate [emoji123]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X